This is the crucial course for learning the neuro-science. How to switch off the cell-danger response in the brain. How to activate the main learning centers of the brain and create long term learning. How to do all this without the child knowing that you are teaching so you never encounter resistance from the child and an introduction into how to teach the national curriculum through kinetic learning.
Life changing weather for home-school or classroom.
In this one day workshop we will cover everything from the science behind Movement Method and simple ways to include movement in your lesson plans to how to design specific activities based around a child’s interest. The cost of the workshop is $395 (teacher discount $325 for MM 1 & 2) and the price includes a workbook to take home and a light lunch.
This workshop is a mixture of theory, exercises and interactive demos. It will start at 9am and finish no later than 3pm with a break for lunch in the middle. A light lunch will be provided.
- Theory: What is Movement Method
- Theory: The science of learning
- Theory & Exercises: The Physical Environment
- Exercise: Transforming an Environment
- Theory: The Human Environment
- Lunch & Questions
- Theory: Drop it, Do it, Confirm it – The Movement Method IEP
- Interactive Demo 1: Rule Based Games
- Interactive Demo 2: Academics
- Interactive Demo 3: The Treasure Hunt
- Theory: Self-Advocacy
- Conclusions & Questions